View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Jan 20, 2021 at 11:21 AM

I am posting this here to just get out this most tragic news I received last Saturday.

My ex fiance, with whom I had a very tumultuous, troublesome relationship:

Possible trigger:

I was deeply impacted by this most horrific news. It's now several days later, and I've been able to process it further. I feel Ok and stabilized now, but at the time, it was very destabilizing and devastating news.

Weird thing is, I had written to him in December, with the simple words, "I forgive you".

He never received my email because he passed in August.

I truly hope he received my message in spirit somehow.

What hits home for me the most is that I have been in those same shoes several times in my life.

I even:

Possible trigger:

So, I could and do empathize immensely with the pain he must have felt and been in to bring him to this point in life.

All I felt was empathy after hearing this news. He had hurt me terribly when we broke up. And he had treated me poorly when we were together. But I had forgiven him in December, and I had decided to let that pain go finally. It has been four years since our breakup, and I've been married since.

It feels good to just get this out there.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, downandlonely, Mendingmysoul, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty, WastingAsparagus, Werewoman, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
pachyderm