Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2021 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I have to say that I am getting sick of the media here sensationalizing things. The other day they were acting like all or most of our region was going to be locked down again. They had this doctor on saying it needed to happen. I realized that he is always on TV, 90% of the time calling for quarantines. If he had it his way, we'd all be locked down until 2025 and the media gives him a platform. Then, a few hours later, the health ministry came out to say that we aren't doing badly and tougher restrictions weren't needed. I comply with the restrictions and would have to deal with it if we are locked down again. At the same time, I wonder if there aren't better ways to deal with this. Some cities down south have been locked down for over a month and the active cases aren't improving.
@rechu, I understand you and I understand the worries on the population. Economy has to be held but here in the month we were under a totally lockdown as in Italy, we got to bend the curve. I don’t know what was the problem why in the region you mention, they didn’t reached up the expectations.

In relation to what that doctor from TV says and the Health ministry, I bet for the doctor. At least, he doesn’t depend on Politics.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)