View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,046 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2021 at 12:46 PM

@AzulOscuro I don't know, the Health Minister is a doctor too. They seem to bring in that other doctor because he is alarmist and brings in ratings. Positivity in our region is about 4%, which is half the national average (around 8%). Lower than 5% is considered a good indicator. The regional curve is showing a downward trend.

There are a few areas in our region with higher active cases, but those are the exception. The mayor for one of those areas with high cases, said, okay, lock us down, but lock the rest of the region down too. I don't know what to even think of that. She should be taking steps in her own municipality as ours has with tracing/testing/isolating cases.

Casos confirmados en Chile COVID-19 - Ministerio de Salud - Gobierno de Chile

This is the last data from yesterday. 664 new cases in our region (RM) overall, but we have a population of over 7 million (2017 data). Los Lagos in the south, where most municipalities are locked down, has 570 new cases, but their population is less than one million. Araucanía has 386 new cases, with a population of only 1 million. Various municipalities there are locked down too. Previous days have been similar. They aren't getting cases down. There are cities with 100-150,000 people with 1,000 active cases. The lockdowns have been going on for weeks. I guess people have just lost patience and there are not enough resources to handle enforcement.

On a more amusing note, a friend of mine said that she really needed to buy some new underwear. She went on Saturday to a larger supermarket that also has merchandise like clothes. She completely forgot that you can't buy clothes on the weekend. The whole clothing area and others such as the section where they sell appliances were tented off! Only the areas with food, cleaning supplies and personal care products were accessible. I guess no new underwear for her!

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, TunedOut