Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Jan 21, 2021 at 01:44 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Need to vent

C. Go for it

M. I'm so f’ing pissed at M. They keep f’ing up. They made another mistake. This project started in August and was supposed to be done by end of October. It's end of January and we have no insight into when PM will be complete. WAY over budget and WAY over time. He doesn't give a crap on when it's done.

C. Let me ask a few questions

M. Okay

C. Is there ANYTHING positive about this?

M. Well, it seems like there was only one small issue that needed to be addressed, so there's a strong possibility that PM will be approved by the end of January. There is still work to do, which I'm guessing will take a couple of weeks. This puts us at around mid to late February. And the new PM will rock. It's already outstanding.

C. So you likely will get the I3 project, which will give you some income, right?

M. Yep, that's right.

C. This is an important point, D. Because this buys you time. Play this out with me.

M. Okay

C. Assume that PM is fully available to show on Feb 28. You have funds to last you through then and still make the WR payment, right?

M. That's true

C. Do me a favor and say: I have enough funds and more is coming to bridge me through the next 3-4 months, which buys me plenty of time to start actively building pipeline. Plus, there are a few other opportunities in play.

M. Okay

C. Now take a deep breath

M. Okay

C. Now put your foot on his fing throat. Amp up your intensity to create opps. Start your program tomorrow. No more excuses. Enough is enough! You've done incredible work. The SED is outstanding! Go work on this some more. Just nail it. Then work on NPS and just nail it. Do these two things well today plus tidy up the house, okay?

M. You got it

C. Was this helpful?

M. Definitely

C. Great. Talk later.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote