View Single Post
~*glass_owl*~

Member Since Dec 2013
147 hugs
given
Default Jan 21, 2021 at 10:04 PM

I can help you with internet addiction. First you are going to need some sort of support group, so if this is your support group remember to keep it for a while. Next search the local area for offline support groups, which is impossible right now, but since this is the internet this is for the future when someone searches this post pandemic. Next since this is the pandemic find a support group for internet addicts, this counts (done). Download cold turkey the application to your computer and block all offending sites and applications, have someone else set passwords. If for some reason you find work arounds around cold turkey, give away your computer to someone and live without it. Use the one at the library or buy one that you can't trick. You have to be as determined to beat this as you were to get into it. Then fill your life with replacement activities, hobbies if you will. Much of this will be trial and error. You'll need help from family and friends. You'll also need a therapist or friend to help you set parental locks on your cell phone or you'll have to get a dumb phone. There ones with more features now and there is the option of getting an iPhone which you can add apps and have zoom on it, but then have a parental lock (which is nice if you can't have a computer anymore). Most people in the group I'm in didn't have as hard of time as I did, so maybe it will be easy for you. I had an all day problem at some point, I even got a job to suit it and a hobby (blogging and video games) to match my addiction. I even watched tv with my boyfriend and vollunteered at a computer lab at the library and I still went online in-between all that. It was bad. When I got outside it felt so foreign and refreshing. Block some stuff, get up and take a covid safe walk if you feel safe doing so, it will be nice.

Hugs from:
bizi, giddykitty

Thanks for this!
bizi, giddykitty