View Single Post
Worn

Member Since Jan 2021
Default Jan 22, 2021 at 11:57 AM

Hi There,

I am new to the forums but one of my main concerns is finding work while also having a disability or multiple disabilities, depending on how you look at it.

I lost my Social Security Payments in 2019 because I was working full-time. I made that decision just in time to become a covid layoff. I have not worked since April. Luckily, my husband is a teacher and he is keeping us afloat.

I have recently decided to pursue online tutoring of academic writing because now would be a good time for that and it would make good use of my education. I have also considered government work, but honestly am not sure I have the temperament to deal with government workers all day.

Anyway, I was born with a cleft lip, have bipolar and anxiety, hypermobility, fibromyalgia, hip dysplasia/arthritis, and nerve compression issues in my left leg. Many of these things can and do make work-search and work-related decisions hard.

I thought government work would provide the stability I need, but I really don't know that I have the sort of patience it would take. I like students, have the patience for them, and have tutored before but I worry about not having a steady schedule. Decisions, decisions...

Is anyone else with a disability or many trying to find work right now or looking at the possibility? What are your concerns?
Worn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen