Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2021 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Those diagnosed with bipolar - opinion on Welbutrin. Has anyone had it cause anxiety?
When I was put on a dose of 300 mg a day, it caused me anxiety and made it harder to sleep but it also made my depression better. When the dose was lowered to 100 mg per day--the anxiety and sleep issues seemed to subside. I have been on some sort of dose (300, 150 or 100 mg) for so long that I do not know how much it is helping with depression anymore. I still have some days where I wake up a little depressed or bad news can push me into a bit of depression later in the day--but it is the type of depression that I can ease myself out of it with a little self care and by practicing gratitude for all my blessings. I know that some types of depression can put you in a black whole where everything looks negative and impossible which is the worst case scenario. Anxiety is better than in a black hole. And I read somewhere, one time, quite a while ago that Welbutrin acts a bit like cocaine in some ways (prisoners have actually sniffed the stuff which is beyond dangersous).
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*