View Single Post
CF20
Newly Joined

Member Since Jan 2021
Default Jan 24, 2021 at 11:22 PM

My husband and I have been married 6 years we have a toddler. He has been dealing with anxiety and depression for almost 10 years since his dad passed away. The depression got worse when I was pregnant (he did not want a baby and blames me for getting pregnant, although he loves our child now). We had a huge fight today over his spending and he said he wanted a divorce. He blames me for “making” him quit his old job 8 years ago to move to a city where he can’t find a job. He currently works in retail. I make significantly more at and I wouldn’t be able to find a similar job if we went back to his old city. Even if we did, both of us working wouldn’t make as much as I do now. I know he is going through a depressive period right now but he doesn’t want to get help. He basically blames me for most things that have gone wrong with his life and resents me. I resent him for always making me the grown-up and for basically making me feel terrible when I was pregnant when I always thought he would be a supportive partner. Hopefully someone has some insight into what could be going on with him. Is this the depression talking? I want to help him, but I also don’t want to spend my life being blamed for someone’s unhappy life. If he would be happier without me, then we should separate.
CF20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks