View Single Post
coronalight

Member Since Nov 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Jan 24, 2021 at 11:22 PM

Thank you TunedOut for sharing your experience, I am sorry your child is no longer in school, at least for now, there is only this much a parent can do for a child once they turn 18.

My week starts and ends with her therapy session, hoping that one day she will reach the point where she has enough energy to contact her school. We are also paying for school and, at this point, I am more concerned about her mental health and her transcript than about tuition fees since we realized that she will most likely have to repeat the year, either she withdraws or fails her courses. Based on the advice I received from other contributors on PC and what I read, it takes time to see improvements and I do trust she will feel better in a few months and then we will discuss finances for next year.

We tried really hard not to lecture my daughter but during the few and brief conversations we had about school, there were sentences that came across as not supportive or lacking understanding. In hindsight, they were, and for this reason we basically refrain from asking follow up questions, at least for now. I keep reading other threads and see if I can somehow learn communication skills that will help me talk to her about inconvenient topics while being supportive.

For now I am grateful she looks forward to her therapy sessions and we can afford to pay for therapy.

Thank you again, PC contributors
coronalight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut