Thread: Zoning Out
View Single Post
topherlee75

Member Since Jun 2017
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2021 at 08:19 AM

I’m 45 years old, and just got diagnosed a little over a year ago.

Over the years I, like yourself was diagnosed with several different things... from depression and anger issues to anxiety. Was put on medication for OCD, depression... mostly SSRI’s and Depakote at one time.

Through migraine treatment, and working with a therapist (actually online through my health insurance), I kept hearing “you need to get tested for ADHD”; but my primary doc kept saying I just had severe anxiety.

Worried about getting work done, keeping everyone happy, sleep sucked cause everything from the last 44 years kept running through my brain at night. What medications I had been on always seems to make things worse.

After a long talk with my doc, she still said “I think it’s just anxiety but I’ll do a referral”.

Best referral I’ve ever gotten.

I ended up testing very high on the hyperactive side, and then went through a couple different meds before settling on adderall.

The only real complaint I have right now is “shoulda done this sooner”, but we can’t change the past, only drive into the future.

Make a list. Don’t ask for meds, just focus (or try not to get distracted from) what you are feeling and seeing in your daily life.

And if not satisfied, find a primary doc or therapist that will listen.

And depending on insurance, you may not even need a referral, but I went through my doc anyway to keep the relationship.
topherlee75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv