Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscookie19 View Post
I was always trying to find a way to stop the voices?
depends on what is causing my voices. I have many mental and physical health problems where auditory hallucinations (voices) happen. please dont take offense at my use of the words auditory hallucinations, my location lumps all voices regardless of what kind of voices into this label. its just a label. it doesnt always describe the situation.

I am on a variety of medications that does stop the voices regardless of mental or physical problem they come from. for example my dissociative voices come from being triggered (dissociation is a normal response to a trigger here where I am) we address the trigger which is usually anxiety, stress, PTSD of flasbacks, memories, with antianxiety medication. those voices of mine that come form bipolar disorder are treated with an anti psychotic which stops those voices, Im also on some medications for my physical health problems that take care of those related voices. in other words for me medication is the key and works perfectly in stopping all my voices. the complicated part is finding what the cause is so that my treatment providers can adjust, make changes to the right medications that I am on. sometimes it takes time but working together with my treatment providers we usually do find the correct combination of medications to stop my voices.
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
princesscookie19, Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman