View Single Post
AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2021 at 06:55 PM

I have recently experienced having panic attacks. I can't breath, my heart beat quickens, I sweat, I am confused and scared for no good reason. I'm not sure I understand it. I have a doctors appointment on this next week. This is the first time I made an appointment for psychological reasons.

Generally, I am not big on emotions. I have worked through some rather severe issues on my own in the past. I have managed it all on my own, but now I am not sure how to get through this.
I used to be interested in things (not people, much). I used to get interested in a subject and than learn everything I could about it. Now, I feel I have nothing to occupy me, nothing that is facinating. I don't see many people, I can't go to the gym due to the lockdown... you know, Corona.
I get how this is a problem, but I am generally a very unemotional person. I worked on this and considering the panic attacks, I wonder if I might have overdone it. I actually woke up crying today. That's so not me.

Basically, I don't understand how I can have panic attacks. What am I missing? Is this just Corona or are there underlying issues that are surfacing now? I worry that if I go into therapy (as my best friend suggests), I will be in it for the next 50 years.

Maybe you guys have some stories or tipps to share, I'd love to hear them
AliceKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
annoyedgrunt84, rechu

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84