Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2021 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
The sad truth is, that is the situation most abused women find themselves in. Sometimes they can get that support if they leave, but often not. Criminals get that attention because they’ve come to the attention of the state.

It happens on other levels too. Have a couple DUIs you might get ordered into rehab. Be an alcoholic quietly and you won’t.

That said...I would still prefer not to get that attention if it also meant being a convicted criminal with the state’s eye on me.

I had a single DUI and had to go to alcohol education group sessions for 12 weeks (including random drug testing), plus an AA meeting attended by someone from MADD, and couldn't drink for a year. Part of the conditions of probation before judgment, where if I followed the rules, it wouldn't be on my record (though I think just public record, pretty sure cops could still see it if I got another DUI). I did pay a substantial fine as well. If I had broken the conditions, could have gone to jail. This was more than 15 years ago.

Wasn't put into rehab though.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ElectricManatee, SlumberKitty