AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2021 at 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedgrunt84 View Post
If exercise helps you have you considered looking for alternatives to the gym? If it’s not to brutally cold where you are this time of year could you go to a nearby park? I’ve seen lots of tutorials online about how to get in a workout at a city park. If you don’t want to go to an in person therapy session right now there are lots of workbooks available at a local bookstore or that you could order online. I might push ever so gently on the last thing you said, if an hour long therapy session every week or two could make you happier, what’s so bad about going to it for the next 50 years? I hope you find relief from your panic attacks soon, they can be scary, and miserable.
I am constantly moving, if I work I stand with my laptop on some boxes, if I don't stand, I move. Either dancing, exercising on a mat, I even jogged a few times, though I am not a fan, or I just walk around. Generally, these past few weeks, if I'm not on my feet, I sleep and I don't do much of that, either. It seems to be ebbing off a bit though. I could sit today for longer than 1h and I actually took a 3h long nap On the other hand, I haven't slept since.

Honestly, I guess have some trust issues with psychiatry and such. You are right though, of course this is not sustainable. I do have an appointment with a general practitioner next week and if he sends me to a therapist than so be it. It's worth a try. Not sure I would accept taking any drugs though.

Thanks much for your kind reply
AliceKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote