View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2021 at 06:30 AM

My weight loss issue is not like anyone else's (it seems) I didn't gain weight slowly over time. I gained 40 lbs in 4 months in college. Then, I could only lose 4 lbs per month and my body adjusted the metabolism downward after about 6 months (probably earlier) of dieting. Stopping me from losing the weight at all.

Then, if I ate "normally" at all, because my metabolism was so suppressed.. I would gain hand over foot.

I needed a way of losing weight fast without suppressing the metabolism.

Well, I found a solution. Alternate day fasting. You eat one day, you don't the next. I did ADF this month and lost 7 lbs. I Probably will have lost 8 by the end of the month. On my best regular diet month I can lose 4 lbs. I am going to guess my metabolism hasn't dropped because I lose consistently. But I am stopping in February for a rest before I try it again to insure my metabolism has not reduced.

I have been on a diet since December and overall, I have lost 17 lbs total. In two months !

Second, my basement was always iffy with regard to Radon. When I first moved in it tested not *dangerous* but in the "you might want to do something about this" -- I didn't. At that time there was no flooring in the basement. It was just concrete slab. So I got flooring and sort of accidentally, I ended up buying laminate sheet and putting it down over the concrete. The sheet has no breaks or cracks in it like laminate plank would. So I retested my basement and the radon is down to normal! I think the laminate floor suppresses Radon that would otherwise leak in.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote