View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2021 at 01:32 PM

It really depends on the university and what they will accept as proof your daughter is in some sort of treatment which you can't find out until the school is contacted.

You may need a psychiatrist, or even a GP to sign off of the letter for school.

Depending on the drop dates for the classes, she may end up with incompletes which have to be completed I believe the next semester or they turn into F's. She may need to withdraw from the classes if it is still within the time to do so.

Taking the term off may result in you having to start paying back the student loans, assuming you have any, for her tuition etc. Just something to think about. But if she flunks out of college you will have to start repaying them back anyway. It's better to withdraw then to flunk out.

I don't know how you can approach your daughter into getting her to contact the school. One thing I am thinking is if you are a cosigner on the loans you may be able to contact the school yourself to get the information needed. There are a few college professors that I know of that are on these forums so hopefully one of them will see your post and respond to you with more information. But the best thing is to go straight to the school and find out what is needed for an accommodation or a withdraw.

Glad to hear your daughter is doing a bit better.

HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
coronalight