View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2021 at 11:21 AM

I can relate. I got ghosted a few times by people I met on here, back when I had my other username. I found it quite triggering although I understood that it was because of the issues people were facing I still felt hurt because these were people I felt fondness for. I was left feeling "what happened?"

In my case I was feeling vulnerable through other issues in my life, so I left here a while, came back and set different boundaries with myself. I don't correspond personally with anyone here, only on board messages. I do have a couple of wonderful women I have written personally to from here for many years now and they are my exceptions. So I don't dismiss online friendship at all but for me I am now very cautious and circumspect I guess.

I agree ghosting online is a feature of modern life, maybe we are generally tending to be more impersonal like that with technology I don't know.

My main lesson learned was my personal boundaries needed to be set and I personally benefited from this, I also tend to take a very long time to open up and trust someone but thats okay too.

Generally though I am trying to invest more time into in person friendships, apart from my two long time PC friends.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope