AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Ooo Jan 27, 2021 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. The pandemic has been hard for most people. I hope your doctor has some advice I get panic attacks with similar symptoms from time to time. It usually seems related to my stress level. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a way to stop one if I feel it coming on. I just have to let it run its course.

We have another thread in this section where we talk about how Covid is affecting us. There are participants from a lot of countries. Maybe you will want to check it out. It definitely helps me to vent sometimes and feel like I am not the only one dealing with these challenges.
I will check out the other thread, thank you
A friend told me to install an app for this sort of thing, which I found silly, but did anyways. It had a breathing exercise (4 - 2 - 8 : Breath in - hold - breath out) which I did for what felt like 2 days and I think I got through it now.
I cried for until noon today, and almost all day yesterday, now I feel much better.

I guess this was stress induced also. I am studying again, and a tutor in one subject for other students. It's a lot of work and I do want a top grade. I'm 32 now and it seems pointless for me to study and not get a good grade or finish in the time set for this degree (which almost noone achieves).
I wrote my supervisor today that I feel I have to sit the next one out and that I have a doctor's appointment next week. Not sure if it will be possible, but I don't think it is a good idea for me to do the tutorial tomorrow considering my psychy was screaming at me to slow down.

How do you react to your panic attacks? Do you follow your instincts (mine tell me to run) or just stay where you are and somehow manage to let it flow through you?
AliceKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote