View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2021 at 02:48 PM

That's a lot of anger, only time for that and no love or closeness with others. It can be lonely at the top and next thing you know YOU are the very kind of person you hate, "the bad guy". And it's just too black and white as you don't even know the things a person had to overcome to get whatever they have.

If you focus on the things that are not present in another person and just deem them "bad" you are only seeing things in black and white when there definitely is much more than that.

These individuals that bullied you were still young and shallow and lacking in the ability to see others in a way that can appreciate the other person instead of standing in judgement of. Sadly, much of that is learned behavior often from what someone sees in a parent.

Sadly, narcissistic individuals tend to always look for the fault in others instead of having the ability to understand that what they consider a fault simply may be something another person genuinely lacks and has been working on trying to overcome or just working around whatever their lack may be.

What I felt was so sad about what the individual shared with me that was an admitted malignant narcissist was how he literally carried that hurt child in him ALWAYS looking to give that child all the power.

What I find sad about individuals that are narcissistic is how nothing ever seems to be good enough for them. That's what saddened me about my father who had a lot of narcissistic traits. It saddened me to watch how my mother paid for that all her life too. My mother paid for the fact that my father's mother abandoned her own children. It was during a time where if abuse was so bad there was no help and some women literally ran away. I learned my father's father was a mean alcoholic. At times my father was too black and white and we all suffered for it. I loved him, but at the same time there were things he could not see that hurt me.

So, you have decided to protect that part of you that was hurt and punish anyone you think is the kind of person that caused that injury to happen?

Last edited by Open Eyes; Jan 27, 2021 at 03:29 PM..

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue