Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2021 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomof5 View Post
One of the biggest problems I have is with how large the threads are. I’m not going to read back through 500 pages and I don’t get on every day. The threads move fast, become too much to read and respond to, and As I was trying to read, I noticed people posting some bigger issues deserving of a thread in the bipolar forums (not chit chat) that barely got responses. With a high number of posts happening in threads that are hundreds of pages long, it does not surprise me that the forums have slowed. When I check in, there aren’t many regular posts to respond to. Wading into a mega doesn’t interest me. So I often don’t post.
I totally agree that more topic threads would be welcome. I remember when I was newly diagnosed (or at least accepting of my diagnosis), I seemed to have tons of questions and came up with a myriad of topics. But it's been almost 14 years since then, so my idea river has gone dry. While I was eager to post, many others are a bit more shy to. I think that facilitators can be valuable for a forum in ensuring there are multiple topics. It seemed that PC used to have facilitators that served such a purpose, but they have gone. Now those left are more "traffic cops in the background". Frankly, I don't even know who the facilitators/moderators even are here, now.

Since some of us are long-time members, I suppose a cliquishness might be perceived by some. That's a shame, because I don't believe most here are aiming for one. Sometimes new members are not properly welcomed or encouraged to keep posting. Again, facilitator issue, to a degree.

Members leave for various reasons:

* Fight/quarrel with another member.
* Hurt feelings or feelings of neglect
* Stable, so no need to be here anymore.
* Probably the "mega thread" issue you brought up.
* Anonymity broken (that's what blue bicycle said pushed her away).
* So ill they can't participate (wide scope of issues).
* Seeing ads
* Rules too strict.
* Rules not strict enough.
* Switch to other social media groups

* Etc.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Jan 28, 2021 at 01:48 PM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous328112, bizi

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bizi, Fuzzybear, Mountaindewed, unaluna