AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Jan 28, 2021 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I went to the best private clinic here that always has psychiatrists on duty. He took a while to talk to me about what was going on in my life and why I was stressed. He asked if I was eating well, sleeping, etc. I remember my blood pressure was through the roof when usually mine is on the low side. He gave me leave from work and gave me a prescription for sleeping medication. He said I had adjustment order with anxiety due to my work situation and having a break and getting my sleep back on track would do me well.

I went back to him a few times at his office to follow up. It was clear that my boss was trying to get me to quit. It happened a lot there. The company didn't want to pay me severance because it was almost 5 months pay, so my boss was making my life hell. He said I should find a way to approach the company and try to negotiate an exit, but. based on my experience, I didn't think that would happen. I ended up with more leave from the Workers' Compensation Hospital. There was an investigation, but in the end they said my problems were not work related and sent me back to work. At first they sort of went easy on me but the harassment started again. Then, we had the 2019 social uprising here so no one could go into the office. That gave me a few more weeks. In the end, when we had to go back to the office in November, they presented me with termination papers along with another co-worker. At least I got my full severance pay and I was paid for the 2+ months of psych leave. I had to appeal, but I won (an advantage of being married to a lawyer).

That ended up being a novel, sorry. Now that I read it, I realize my life has really not been normal since August of 2019, when the work problems started. Then there were the protests that began on October 18th, which had us under curfew, the military guarding supermarkets and limiting the number of people going in (to prevent looting). I even ran into a few protests, mainly when I was going to the psychiatrist and Worker's Compensation hospital. January and February of 2020 were the most normal. We were able to take a short trip, go out to eat for my birthday, etc. Then Covid arrived here in March 2020 and things got all crazy again-
It's a good novel, tension and relief in all the right places. Wouldn't want to live it though. I hope you have a better job now and are not further suffering from the crisis. I'm glad you have a husband that takes care of you.

I never did that, stick with a job for the severance cheque. But than I always worked a lot and never really cared about the money that much, so fat chance of getting fired. So I always ended up resigning. I think when I'm done with my studies I will aim to work a 6 hour day. Not much of a career path, but with my past, I do not think I will ever have children to support, so maybe I don't care.

It's aweful to think you already spent so much longer in an exceptionally bad situation in your country. And corona isn't helping the economy either... and that never bodes well for politics, or people
It's amazing how small the world is and yet there are so many different ways to live, so many situations to overcome, so much chaos for no lasting purpose...