catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2021 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomof5 View Post
One of the biggest problems I have is with how large the threads are. I’m not going to read back through 500 pages and I don’t get on every day. The threads move fast, become too much to read and respond to, and As I was trying to read, I noticed people posting some bigger issues deserving of a thread in the bipolar forums (not chit chat) that barely got responses. With a high number of posts happening in threads that are hundreds of pages long, it does not surprise me that the forums have slowed. When I check in, there aren’t many regular posts to respond to. Wading into a mega doesn’t interest me. So I often don’t post.

When I first joined the forum (years ago, despite what my profile says) the forums were extremely busy - at that time, there was a check-in thread, and bizi's thread existed because I used to read it.

The forums have slowed because for a few of reasons, a large core group of members left the forum, or very seldom post. There was a problem with anonymity, there were some serious health problems, and there was a jealousy issue between some members. At least one person has left because of dislike of the ads (no doubt there are more than 1). I am sure that people leaving has absolutely nothing to do with the "mega threads." Take a look at the Psychotherapy board as an example. There are at least 2 mega threads running there, yet the board is extremely busy.

Post all you want! I am absolutely sure that you will receive replies - just as you have to this thread.

An additional way to get involved with the forum is through Chat. And as far as the mega-threads, no one need read the entire thread to participate. Just jump in and post about your day or what's on your mind at the moment. Take it from there.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, Fuzzybear, Soupe du jour