View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2021 at 05:04 PM

I think I was the first person here that brought up "perceived cliquishness" and I followed that up with saying that I don't believe most (or possibly anyone) here wants there to be. I also know that most here are glad when new members "come aboard" and join this great bipolar support forum. However, I also mentioned that there is, indeed, sometimes a bit too little welcoming, encouragement, or figurative arms wrapping around new or struggling members.

Having been a facilitator (group leader) on a different bipolar forum in the past, I know the value of such welcoming efforts. It was part of the "job description" at that website. So was ensuring there are fresh and sufficient numbers of topics on the board. That was something that key members HERE did for a while. I don't know if they were "official" facilitators or just members who assumed a partial role of their own volition. For example, someone brought up blue bicycle further up in this thread. She was a shining example of a member who added topics frequently. Other former members (I won't list names) played a great role in the welcoming. I know that I should volunteer to do more of this, at least to a degree, but I, like many others, am under pressure, having significant life challenges. Nevertheless, I will try my best, especially with newer members. If others do, too, I bet the perceived "cliquishness" will reduce, perhaps more new members will stay on, and many will be happier about a growing and inviting community here. It only takes reaching out to one new(er) person each day, or one person that may infrequently hear from me.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Jan 29, 2021 at 06:42 PM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*