View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 31, 2021 at 01:31 PM

I dont participate in the mega threads very often because like other posters have noticed mega threads tend to close.

one reason for the closures have nothing to do with the thread was in fighting mode, its is because once the mega thread reaches 100 pages its manditory closure and a new one is started by the moderators. this is something to do with the sites servers./platforms/ software that can only handle so many pages.

the second reason that they close like other members stated is when the thread becomes debating, off topic or cause for fights to keep breaking out.

there are ways to keep mega threads from getting closed. for example when I start a thread and I know that it has the potential for fights to break out of it be taken off topic I keep close tabs on that thread and I report any suspicious posts to me that may be attempts to derail or pick a fight with members.

Sometimes with my threads and sometimes other mega threads I will ask a moderator to have a "heads up" on a particular thread as I may see where it may go wrong and the possibility that there may be members getting hurt by it. Im not a moderator but I have read many postings by doc john and others over the years, that have stated its only a safe place based on whether members do their parts too by using the ignore feature and reporting.

So when I see a post (mine or otherwise) that may in my opinion beginning or has the potential to be a problem I give the moderators a heads up even with the mega threads (mine or otherwise). they cant be everywhere and need our help when problems may arise.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WovenGalaxy