Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 31, 2021 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocopiano27 View Post
I have major depression and PTSD, and I'm beginning to doubt myself if I can actually work for myself to earn money and survive in the future.

I've been job hunting for 3 months now and nothing good came out of it. Even though I came from a reputable industry it seems like I'm still not good enough (which is normal since I know most university students aren't really 'industry-ready') but to be rejected for several intern positions?.. I'm totally wrecked.

I can simply do freelance work or something like that since I'm a designer, but my moodiness and lack of control of my triggers just make me feel doubtful of myself. My depression is taking a toll these past months and I can't seem to produce anything for my portfolio, it's hard to make myself eat, let alone finish my work.

Can I really survive? How can I earn money with this instability? I don't even trust myself anymore.
I agree that most university students are not really ''industry-ready''. I'm not sure if you're in therapy. If not, this maybe is something to look into (different sorts of therapy to help with moods and triggers etc)

Hugs from:
Chocopiano27

Thanks for this!
Chocopiano27