View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 02, 2021 at 09:04 AM

I don’t think it’s wrong to date former bosses, just current ones. I know you said you aren’t interested but...

If you don’t want to date him, I’d say suggesting to meet him for coffee or lunch is pretty much the same as asking him out on a date. If that’s not what you want then I’d not. be doing that. Sure friendships are fine but this doesn’t sound like that to me. If a man hit on me I’d not be asking him out in hopes to turn it in to friendship. It’s not going to work

I’d not trust this guy. Situation with you being let go sounded suspicious to me. This lay off didn’t sound right to me. Like he was ok firing you but then ok hitting on you. Fishy. Like not good enough for a job but acceptable for you know what. It would really bother me. If I was let go but then my boss asked for something romantic right away, I’d be hurt and grossed out.

Also he hit on you while you were married and not divorcing and you told him your marriage going well. I don’t trust men like that.

You can have great references yet not going out for meals with people or build any kind of special connections. I always have great references from former bosses and I keep in touch with some but it’s ok not to go out or have anything deep and meaningful with them. Keep it professional

Now it’s ok to hang out with him. But I’d probably refrain from it
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, RoxanneToto