View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2021 at 04:37 PM

So, I can definitely see where she might feel threatened by that comment. Even if you didn't mean it in that way, it's possible she had a past client who *did* try to physically attack her or stalk her and threaten her in some way. Ex-T was upset that I'd found her husband's name (easy Google search, plus he even worked in the office with her as a fellow T in the past, before I saw her). It seemed like a strong reaction to me, but she said she'd been stalked by a client in the past. Which explained her reaction.

So maybe you need to try to explain that comment, and your showing up in her area, more? I think it's completely natural to want to be in the area we feel safe. In high school (many years ago!), I was very attached to this one teacher. His address was in the phone book. Sometimes I'd take a route home from my part-time job or seeing friends that drove by his street so I could see his house. It was comforting to see the lights on or his car in the driveway. I never told him that. And I could see where he might have felt threatened. But I would never have done something like, say, try to look in his windows or sit there waiting to see his wife or him. But he would have had no way of knowing that.

I guess I'm saying how a T could feel threatened, even if you meant no harm and would never dream of doing anything to harm them. And if she felt unsafe, even if you didn't intend that, I could see her wanting to set a boundary. And she hs every right to protect herself. But did she say it was partly tied to your comment or showing up in her area? I'd try to talk to her about it and explain more. How you just wanted to walk the trail to feel safe. That you would never do physical harm to her. She may still hold her boundary. But it also says something that she didn't terminate you.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, RoxanneToto, SalingerEsme