Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2021 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Warrior View Post
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I am thankful to have found this forum, because there is a support system for those who can resonate with some of the same struggles. However, I have Pure-O which causes me to have obsessive thoughts of real life events. About 9 months ago I was publicly ostracized and shamed. Now, I constantly obsess over this event and if it will happen again. I am tormented daily replaying the hurtful words that were said to me. This causes me great anxiety and disturbing thoughts. I’ve tried to just let the thoughts flow, but I resist them because I feel extremely guilty about these thoughts because they don’t match with my values. If anyone can relate/offer some advice for me; I am willing to listen. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
Welcome to the site, Health Warrior. If you start a thread about this (if you feel comfortable doing so) hopefully you will receive more replies. I had a good friend (a couple of years ago) who had Pure-O and I know how distressing it is. I think that there are different types of therapy that can help