View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2021 at 11:04 AM

@TunedOut I think the pandemic magnified inequalities, those who could work from home, those who had no choice but to work, those who had no home to stay home in. In our 1st lockdown the homeless were housed in hotels and that was the humane thing to do. Many cities have prioritised vaccinating the homeless but I don't think the hotel rehoming happened this time around. Lockdowns require huge state support and there's going to be a price to pay for the numerous ones the UK has had. That's something we'll have to be prepared for.

Yes I was relieved my friend is taking it more seriously. I do agree lockdowns are tough and emotionally hard but by ignoring them people were only prolonging the problem (no one needs to have parties/friends around) which is what his friends were doing. It was the whole 'It's just the flu' thing, people are saying that less now generally following the 100,000 death mark. The sad thing is that figure was avoidable.

It's good you can walk out, and plenty of space, masks are good indoor but outdoor there's enough dilution in the air. Although on very cold days some of us are choosing to wear outdoors to keep our faces warm.

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
buddha1too, TunedOut