View Single Post
NewPathBayArea

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Feb 06, 2021 at 12:04 AM

I have been married for 21 years. We have two daughters together 18 and 15. My husband has always been emotionally unavailable but a good man. He struggled with alcoholism on and off for a number of years of our marriage, never mean or violent, just a way for him to escape his anxiety and depression. I have thought about leaving so many times but kept hanging on because I hoped things would get better with us being more emotionally connected after he quit drinking. They didn’t and he is sober and has been for 3 years now but quit his job two years ago and hasn’t found another. Luckily we could financially afford that and I work. But seeing him during COVID every day just sleep and be by himself not really communicating was the end for me. I have been so sad and lonely. So, tonight I told him that I want a divorce. He handled it well, was stunned (even though it shouldn’t be a surprise) and was calm. But then he decided to go out. I am worried that he will fall off the wagon start drinking and go down an even darker path. It scares me, especially for our kids seeing him devolve if he spirals but I can’t be responsible for him anymore. I’m sad but resolved. Any advice or support welcomed.
NewPathBayArea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul, Nammu, Open Eyes