View Single Post
Lonesome Soul

Member Since Feb 2021
Heart Feb 06, 2021 at 09:51 AM

@PippaIsAlone I deal with some issues of impulse control. I am not bulimic, but I do have some food/overeating issues. There are a lot of reasons for this, and I suppose some of it could have to do with having ADD - although I've never honestly thought of it that way. Through therapy I have gotten in touch with some of the feelings from my childhood that led me to use food as a crutch/comfort, but I am sure that the ADD makes my impulses to want to overeat that much more difficult to withstand. Thank you for providing some insight for me on that.

It is terribly frustrating to feel like we are not being heard, especially when it's someone that is supposed to be looking out for our best interest like a doctor, someone we're supposed to trust. What you're going through sounds quite serious, @PippaIsAlone, and for your sake I really hope you will do whatever you can to get the help you need. You mentioned a psychiatrist - are you doing talk therapy with anyone? I find that taking that hour once a week to just sit and talk through my feelings helps so much. I also hope that you have a friend, family member or loved one that you can reach out to and communicate what's going on with you. You shouldn't be suffering alone.
Lonesome Soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote