sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2021 at 07:01 AM

Hey @xRavenx
I have been on lamictal for 17 years. About 8 years ago I got a migraine. I never had them and never knew what they were. I fainted in a store. For one year I probably had 4 more. I got a work up that had the usual tests and a neurologist. There was no diagnosis given and it was one year and that was it. How do you take the lamictal? What seemed to clear my situation up was having the dr prescribe 100mg tablets and split them. I take 3 in the morning and 3 at night. It was an off hand suggestion from the neurologist and he said it was something he had seen with other patients but its nothing anyone had any data on. I have no idea if its true or if its related or helps but thought Id share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRavenx View Post
Does anyone here get Migraines from any of your psych meds?

I am suspecting that maybe Lamictal is causing me migraines, but I am also on Seroquel, Latuda, and clonazepam as needed. The reason I am wondering if it is my Lamictal is due to the high dose I am on (400mg), but I've been on it for a long time. I had another dizzy spell where I wasn't seeing double vision, and the blurriness/lightheadedness led to a headache and fatigue. It was pretty scary today, because I ended up in the ER 2x before. The one time might have been from accidentally taking 2 Lamictal pills at once, but there were 2 other incidents where I had double vision or visual impairment when this was not the case. It is scary and makes me fear that it will happen again.

I am not positive if these symptoms are medication related, and I know most people here are not doctors, but I'm wondering if anyone else had Migraines or similar experience as a result of their Bipolar meds. Thanks.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour, xRavenx

Thanks for this!
xRavenx