View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Feb 07, 2021 at 09:20 AM

I felt that way from a young age. Even when I was a teen I didn't get asked to dances or whatever and I felt from an early age I just wouldn't get married. Not particularly a choice. I am not considered ugly or morbidly obese (and I see plenty of people who might be this way married) -- I feel there is something about me that sends the message I do not want it. Perhaps it is my introvert nature but people do not think of me... men, women, transgender... people do not approach me.

At this point in the world I think marriage is just a recipe for disaster for most people. All of my friends who got married all ended up divorced. They all spent their savings on weddings and then, the inevitable divorce. Most relationships that have lasted were living together situations.

Marriage for most of history was a simple property transaction. Women could not work so their parents needed to find a way to support them once they died. So they got the woman married (which was then for life). The woman had the children and took care of them. The man took care of all of them. It was a reasonable situation. But this century that drastically changed. Women went to work, and the men imho simply aren't going to change. They aren't going to take care of the kids. They aren't going to clean up around the house. It is not in their nature. This situation has made everything worse for everyone. The women now have to work, have kids, take care of the kids and take care of the house. The man basically does nothing but often is looking for a job as with women in the workplace, there are less jobs and less good paying jobs. Women are exhausted they don't want to have kids... or sex... the man is frustrated about not getting sex. And the relationship drastically goes down hill.

Seen it so many times.

There is the rare occasion where I see a strong healthy relationship but for the most part, I just see misery.

Thanks for this!
Mendingmysoul, Rive.