View Single Post
TooTall2
TooTall2 has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Feb 07, 2021 at 12:10 PM

My 24 year old, very bright and beautiful daughter, has been a challenge to me since she was in middle school. She went through a bullying problem, ended up leaving school and eventually getting her GED. She had always expressed an interest in attending cosmotology school, which seemed like a great choice for her. She began school and right away we began to see a repeat of previous school issues - saying she didn't have friends, other girls were not nice to her - missing classes - ended up taking "breaks" and eventually left. Of course, at a price that we paid. She's dabbled at working in retail, which has no future in terms of making a career. She met a guy and decided to go to college. Great. Got a grant and did one semester. Taking a "break." Covid is making it impossible to do school well because it's remote (millions of other students seem to be doing it). Married guy she was dating, who is about to start a medical residency. Now marriage is not working out for her. She has struggled with eating disorder issues, as well as depression and anxiety. She recently told me she has relapsed with her eating disorder and had found a resource in her city to help. I encouraged her to talk to them but she hasn't. This is the pattern. She went through every cent we saved for her education, which should have been more than enough. Nothing ever is right for her. And I'm supposed to fix it. I have other problems, including a spouse with terminal medical issues and other children with their own problems .Once again, my phone is blowing up with "fix it." I am out of money for her, out of patience and at the end of my rope. I see no hope in sight. What are the correct boundaries? If she is suffering mentally, I don't want her to suffer alone, I want to be there for my child, but she's making my life intolerable and never seems to want to or be able to help herself.
TooTall2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut