View Single Post
Lonesome Soul

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Feb 08, 2021 at 03:26 AM

Hello @LittleWing696. I'm kind of new here, and I realize this post is nearly a month old now. I was just wondering if there was any update to your situation. You see, I'm kind of going through something similar, where I know that my marriage is over; my wife and I are completely at odds with one another and I know that leaving is probably the best thing I could do for both of us. Yet there is still some hope inside of me that maybe we can turn things around.

One thing to think about is space. You said in your original post that you've been doing the "in house" separation. Maybe before moving ahead with the full divorce you try a legit separation first (if you haven't already.) Sometimes giving one another some space to really find ourselves again makes a big difference. And it may be that you all find that you really are happier apart than you are together. At least now you know. But if there were ever a chance for you to "fall in love" with him again, it's probably not going to happen going along the same path that you have been.

My wife and I have been through several "trial separations" of this nature where I'll leave for a while, and when I come back things seem to be better. Only problem is that the truce doesn't last because we haven't dealt with the fundamental issues at the core of our problems, so we just end up right back where we started. Maybe with your situation, where your husband has been doing the work and facing his demons head on, there is some hope that at the very least you two can have a healthier partnership when it comes to coparenting your kids.

Whatever happens, I truly wish you the best!
Lonesome Soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes