View Single Post
InkyBooky

Member Since Sep 2018
201 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2021 at 02:44 PM

I wanted to give you guys a follow-up on this situation. I truly appreciate everyone's comments, support, and suggestions. It was a messy couple of weeks but my T and I did meet again to discuss. And we've come to a compromise.

She was worried that I wasn't making progress with some specific issues that were ultimately limiting my ability to do trauma processing. She admitted that she handled the situation poorly (the timing and the way she "sprung" this on me was not great at all). She apologized.

I also had to come to terms with my own reaction...which involved hearing/seeing things entirely through the lens of my own attachment trauma, past abuse, etc. I was not really hearing what she was trying to say (which was that she cares a lot and wants to make sure I'm getting the best treatment). Instead, I was just hearing that I was "too much" and that she was abandoning me out of disgust and hatred.

Anyway, she and I have reduced our sessions but are still moving forward with our trauma processing therapy. I basically begged her to consider some different options (other than just referring me to someone else). She agreed we could try some things and reevaluate in the spring. So we've brought in another therapist for some more support around specific issues and just in general (my T won't admit it but I do think she was feeling overwhelmed).

PS- I didn't contact my T outside of session very often before, but now I try not to do it all. She didn't say that was an issue but I'm trying to be proactive. I think it's better for both of us.

We'll see how it goes
InkyBooky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2