View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2021 at 03:39 PM

Thanks so much for the encouragement and support, gottagetup and bizi. I really needed it today.

Just had a session with my pdoc. I'm still complaining of frequent urination, she's still insisting that I slowly decrease the medication (Amantadine) she feels is responsible for it. I don't believe that I need to decrease so slowly. She wants me to consult with my GP again (???)- my GP is difficult to work with and I'm not sure what she has to do with all of this, anyway. Then pdoc suggested a referral to a neurologist. I can ask for one, but my 2 out of 3 experiences with neurologists have been no good and not at all helpful. Of course, a new neuro. could be a positive.

I'm going to do some reading/research on my own today about Amantadine and if I feel I can reduce it more quickly, I will. At this point I feel caught between doctors and I'm not getting clear answers.
----------------------------------

Reading much info on Amantadine. I see that it can be reduced by half to start withdrawal. I'm going with that, regardless of Dr. W. doing only a 1/4 reduction. She's not the person having to get up to pee 8 times/night. I believe that this is a time when I need to own my own body.

Last edited by *Beth*; Feb 09, 2021 at 06:02 PM..
*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, Fuzzybear, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
bizi