View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Feb 10, 2021 at 06:03 AM

Oh gosh. It's been two days of headaches so far in my new job, and I worry about being able to not only survive there, but thrive there.

I have to learn an entirely new tool to do my job - I thought I was told in the interview process that I could use the tool I am familiar with. Then when I proposed to my new boss that we use the tool I know, he turned me down. So now I have to learn a whole new tool for web analytics.

My boss also suggested I help a team member next week with something that is off track from our agreed upon first steps. I was confused about it, asked my boss, then felt like a total fool afterwards for even asking him.

I have to attend a total of 9 company orientation meetings this week, which is overwhelming by itself.

Video calls are required for the orientation meetings, and my video camera does not work on my new work computer, so I've been on the phone with IT several times so far to resolve this. It has not been resolved yet. I have to use my personal computer to use the video camera.

And because it's such a large company, they have many different web applications and various online systems for different functions. I am overwhelmed by how many online applications I have to know and learn. It's confusing and there's far too many.

Then it turns out I won't receive my 1st paycheck until the end of this month! I have to cover myself financially on my own until then. I was NOT counting on this... I was counting on getting my 1st paycheck mid-month on the 15th. This sets me back a great deal financially.

I am really overwhelmed and feel disheartened.

I know any new job in the beginning is an adjustment and difficult.. but I came from a tiny sized company and now work for a HUGE company. That's quite a difference.

I really hope that I can fit in there and thrive after I adjust and learn all the systems, but I am really scared and worried.

What if I don't survive????

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966, Purple,Violet,Blue, Turtle_Rider