View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Feb 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Hi, R.

As to the diver/scanner metaphor, I think most of us are both. I'm on the diver end of the metaphor now. I don't hop around from project to project as much as I used to. At twenty, i was much more of scanner.

My life is full of yuck tasks right now. All modern conveniences in my house - plumbing, heating, oven are breaking down at once. A don't multitask as well as I used to, so I tackle one problem at a time. Also, my teeth are breaking down. The plumbing is fixed. The problem I'm working on right now is heat. Thanks to global warming, my house isn't as cold as it could be. My wall heater can't be fixed, so I've decided to bite the bullet ($$$$) and get central heating and air conditioning. I'm debating whether or not to buy a space heater in the meanwhile.

Your "oy, vey" story sounds a lot like figuring out a plot problem. It seems impossible, then i kind of think about it and talk to myself about it, and write about it, and I get an idea. Then I ask myself, "Okay, how do I do it?" Oy vey!
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote