Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 10, 2021 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I have concerns about my skin. I baked myself in the sun from the time I was a child until I was in my 20's. I had so many blistering sunburns I couldn't possibly count them (I am fair-skinned with green eyes). Whenever I have pointed out something of concern on my skin my GP totally blows me off. I would like to get checked out by a dermatologist, but I need a referral from my GP. The situation is awkward at best, dangerous at worst. I really don't know what to do.
If I were in this type of situation I would call my health insurer. Perhaps yours is different than mine. But when I was last hospitalized on one of the local hospital psych wards and wanted to get the ball rolling, so to speak, on getting discharged my wife (who was trying to help) couldn't make any headway whatsoever. But as soon as she called our health insurer things started to happen all over the place! Call it the power of the purse strings perhaps. But my health insurer was able to make things happen with just a phone call. Best wishes...
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*