Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2021 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
There is too much pressure to get everything right and this is how our educational system is set up. There is so much praise for those who manage to get everything right which creates self esteem challenges for individuals who don't JUST get everything right. It's more important that students learn to ENJOY learning instead. What our system teaches is "anxiety" and that's where a lot of social dysfunction is created. It becomes a job to learn instead of being something enjoyed in "self". Often this collecting things about someone that can be used to hurt them is actually something TAUGHT. It's much better to TEACH our children to develop a passion for learning. If that is focused on the most it can build self esteem instead of anxiety and depression where a child begins to feel overwhelmed if not getting everything right.

And then these individuals try and use their own children to make up for whatever they themselves did not accomplish. I have noticed this a lot while raising my own daughter where I saw parents push their children for what they themselves wanted instead of focusing more on what their child wants and needs. It's no wonder so many struggle when it comes to venting frustrations and then feeling it's wrong or not really taking an actual interest when someone shares a need. There tends to be lack of understanding how to be authentic and genuine and imperfect.
Yep I agree. There does seem to be lots of fear and anxiety when it comes to teaching and learning. It had become more of an obligation too. And I agree that it is rare to see someone who is genuine while not being afraid to admit to being imperfect as well.

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes