View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2021 at 05:24 AM

Here's my thoughts: both Adam and Betty crossed a line with you. You are not overreacting and you are not being overly sensitive. It bothered you and you felt violated and humiliated. Your feelings about it are perfectly valid, and I think you should own and respect your true feelings about it. Meaning, not to brush aside your feelings or dismiss and minimize your feelings. You feel the way you feel, and it's totally justified.

Adam is also a liar who crosses boundaries with friends. He is not to be trusted. I do not believe for one second that he doesn't remember video taping you OR showing it to his brother. My guess is he showed the video to plenty of other people. He may have even posted it somewhere online for all you know. This guy does NOT respect other people's feelings or boundaries. What he does is called "gaslighting", which is a form of abuse. Gaslighting is denying responsibility for one's actions and turning it all around on the victim to make it seem like the victim is at fault. He does not take responsibility OR ownership of his actions that hurt other people.

At this point, honestly, I would ditch Adam as a friend. You are in your 20's so know this: the friendships we made in high school do not always last... and friendships overall come and go in life. Then there are those few friends that always have our back no matter what, who support us and who love us, and those are the friends we keep for a lifetime.

Adam truly is no friend of yours. You cannot trust him, he lies, he gaslights and he disrespects boundaries and he disrespects his friends. So, I would ditch him.

That's my two cents.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BluePineapple

Thanks for this!
Bill3