View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2021 at 05:54 AM

So, there is already a woman in my group who is disrespecting me and my expertise in my field. She is a project manager, and as far as I can tell, she is not above me. But on a team call I was on yesterday, she was explaining aspects of my field to others, when that is MY job to do. Then when she said she had done a search in Google for a company link and she couldn't find it ranking, I told her that manual searches in Google are not accurate. Her response was "I already knew that". Clearly, she did NOT know this, or else she would not have said anything. So, she's a know-it-all who apparently knows my field of expertise inside and out, so why am I even there?

I was pissed to say the least.

Then when I handed in my part of the assignment for the CEO? She wrote me a personal email saying how well organized I am and how good my part of the assignment is - she said she read it and was smiling.

Yeah, so there... Looks like I am going to have to flex my muscles in this job, be very assertive and really prove myself.

My goal? To knock their socks off with successful outcomes and results and get anyone who thinks they can disrespect my knowledge and expertise to back the F off.

Don't worry, I will have a positive attitude about work overall, but this woman really pissed me off.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Feb 12, 2021 at 06:37 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue