View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2021 at 07:17 AM

I've calmed down a little. I realized I cannot afford to leave my job and so I have no choice BUT to stick it out. I researched if I could quit based on "good cause" and I researched the employment laws in my state regarding being able to get unemployment again if I quit. And it's far too much of a risk to take. I would have to prove "good cause" which has a pretty clear definition. I would have to prove my case to the unemployment office that the job I was hired to do is in fact drastically different than the reality - which is what has happened here. I also owe far too much money right now, I would have to use the bank loan to survive, and then I would go deeper, far deeper, into debt. It would be most stressful for me if I took that route.

And based on what happened Friday, I am now very worried I will be fired.

On Friday, a colleague inserted HER own recommendations into MY work that has MY name on it. She and I had spoken on the phone that day to finalize a few details. I thought from that call that my document that I handed in to her was finalized and was the final version of what would be submitted to the CEO. She did NOT mention to me in that call that she was going to add her two cents to MY WORK AFTER WE HAD JUST SPOKEN ABOUT IT. This was MY portion of a project that I was hired to do. I was told I am the solo expert on the team in my field of expertise. Her own personal recommendations were completely erroneous and if followed, would defeat the entire objective and goal of the project - and the project would fail - and this was MY WORK and MY DOCUMENT WITH MY RECOMMENDATIONS.

I involved my boss, and I also approached her about it too. My boss called me directly about it, and while I did not get a talking to per se, he informed me of the company spirit involving collaboration. So I said, if I was hired to be the solo digital marketing expert on the team, and if HER ERRONEOUS recommendations are allowed to be included in MY WORK, then why I am even here?

YES - it was a really awful situation to be faced with IN MY VERY FIRST WEEK OF WORK!!!!!

So now I am scared. I have a call with the B (HER) on Tuesday AM to talk about it further and to explain why I removed her recommendations from my final document.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Feb 13, 2021 at 07:36 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue