View Single Post
ZenZeta

Member Since Apr 2013
1 hugs
given
Default Feb 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
Have you ever seen people on YouTube talk about the 5 love languages? Basically, we all have ways we prefer to see love expressed--maybe it comes from the expectations we hold from how we were raised? For instance:

In one of those YouTube talks, I heard someone say that when our partner needs love to be expressed differently than we do--then it can cause issues. They also said that sometimes we can work these issues out by talking about them; however, IMO sometimes money issues are tougher to talk about. Perhaps he is just really broke (don't know what you know about his finances) or does not value gifts the way you do. My personality would be not to talk about it but, if both of you ever plan to get more serious (for instance marry)--talking about these kinds of issues beforehand could save a lot of heartache and misunderstandings later....
Money isn't an issue at all. He just paid CASH for a BMW. He's very comfortable.

We've actually talked about the love languages, and I shared mine. He (like most men) thinks more with his ... member than his brain or heart, so the conversation didn't go far.

I want to bring it up, but I don't want to seem like a spoiled brat because it's not the GIFT... it's the thought. To this day, the BEST gift I ever received from a guy was a handmade card. We were in college and neither of us could afford gifts. He took construction paper and crayons and made me a card. I cried my eyes out, and I still have it in a scrapbook somewhere.

I probably am a bit hard to buy for. I don't wear jewelry... I don't have a lot of THINGS despite being able to afford them. I'm probably over thinking it.

He could have at least not give me cards that were intended for him. Did he think I wouldn't notice?
ZenZeta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut