View Single Post
hogrider

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Feb 14, 2021 at 11:16 PM

I was 20 years old (1978) and had left home (Chicago) for Sacramento. After about 6 months in CA, I hooked up with a travelling carnival, and we eventually made it back to the Chicago area, only 2 miles from my mother's house. I wanted to surprise her, so I didn't tell her until we were already there and set up. I was excited about seeing my mother, and I went to call her from a phone booth in the middle of the lot. I said, "Guess where I am ma? Winston Park. Can I come over and see you?"

She said, "No!"

My eyes immediately teared up, and I found myself out in public, in the middle of a busy carnival lot, trying to keep my composure. It was horrific.

I'm now 63, and the last time I saw my mother, she called me a staggering drunk, even though I wasn't even buzzed much less staggering drunk. For comparison, my father was a violent alcoholic, and my brother literally drinks more in a day, every day, than I drink in a year. But I'm the staggering drunk. That was maybe 4 years ago. Haven't seen her since. Right after that, she spent two weeks texting me, not once even mentioning my name much less saying she was sorry. Her last text was "You have a deep-seated hatred for me. I've apologized up and down."

I could go on for 63 years.
hogrider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, bluekoi, Marylin, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
pachyderm