Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2021 at 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
It's not ungrateful, but sometimes men are just notoriously bad at this stuff. LOL

When my H and I were first married and visited his family at Christmas, I spent time buying and baking many things and brought much of it in a basket which I carried on the airplane. My mother-in-law always reminisces that she felt like the basket was a peace offering but said that that gift seemed very thoughtful and made a good first impression. Our flight arrived either on or just before (this was 33 years ago) Christmas Eve. It was a small town that just had a Walmart. My husband and I went shopping at the Walmart where he picked out gifts for his very large family in a mere hour! He was proud of his efficiency! I helped him wrap those gifts late that evening.

He has sometimes forgotten to buy me gifts on special occasions which did hurt my feelings but instead of saying how I felt, I would sort of stew about it. It seems silly now but it was a real issue then which I should have talked about. Now we both totally forget important days sometimes. Our memories aren't what they used to be! So I forget to give him gifts too....

Last edited by TunedOut; Feb 15, 2021 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: TMI
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro