View Single Post
Raindropvampire
smiling musical soul

Member Since Mar 2010
1,837 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2021 at 01:03 AM

I had a manager like this and it does suck. I point blank asked him once why all he had to say was negative and I quote "It's your job to do things right. Why would you expect praise for doing what you are supposed to be doing anyway? It's my job to point out areas you are lacking in to help you improve not coddle and handhold you."

I remembered what a T once told me and that was you can't change someone else's behavior but you can change how you react to it. So from then on when he gave me negative input I took it with a grain of salt. IF I thought the statement had merit I'd work on improving it. If not then in one ear out the other.

I also decided I did not need nor want his approval. As long as I knew I was doing a good job and could be proud of my accomplishments that was all I needed. I also fostered amicable relationships with coworkers and we built each other up since we knew we weren't going to get that from management.

I really hope you don't let him get under your skin too much. It is very demoralizing to work for someone like that. As long as you know you are doing a good job be proud. IF he ever gives a critique that you think you could you work on then do it otherwise screw him and his negative words.