Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2021 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Now you know to keep your distance from her (politely). The thing is that perhaps you misunderstood your role on the projects or how they do things, but it’s a new job for you and she’d catch more flies with honey by simply explaining it to you nicely. Honestly if she is a higher up and was there for awhile (even if she isn’t your boss she likely knows how things are being done) it’s better to not get into confrontations with her and just keep doing your job. It doesn’t sound like you’d win with her or be able to change how they do things.

Document your contributions and go with a flow. I hope you don’t have to see her every day. Focus on work tasks and save your own contributions for your records in case something ever goes wrong
Thanks @divine1966.

Oh yes, it's completely possible hat I am misunderstanding my role on projects, her role on projects and how things get done. Of course I am not educated on those aspects yet, and I was jus thrown into the fire with this project for the CEO.

What I DO understand is that she DID usurp my role as the solo digital marketing expert. She inserted her own recommendation into MY work without flying it by me first. That is a no-no and is totally unethical. My name was on that document, I pulled the entirety of my recommendations together. It is NOT HER JOB to be making these recommendations... it's mine. So she was clearly stepping on my toes there. That's the one thing that is very clear to me.

I am definitely documenting everything... it's all in writing.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote