View Single Post
Mion

Member Since Feb 2012
24 hugs
given
Default Feb 17, 2021 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzclar View Post
I dislike dead ends. It's a good metaphor, thanks.

I've been on meds for 15 years and little success to show. People have told me that I'm broken and need fixing, or that the problem will get worse and there is nothing I can do. I believed them for too long that my behaviors changed. Last night, my mom commented that she only got to see me for too short of time. I want to tell her that those comments create guilt which feeds shame, and things need to change. Neither parent seems to think that tv and screens are bad, but it's distracting to cultivate a strong connection. And that I've learned bad habits from her and my dad regarding relationships and friendships. That if they put down their devices and took the time to let me speak without judgement would help all of us be stronger as a family. I haven't told them about any discoveries I've made in the last few months. Instead, I've isolated and kept it to myself allowing the shame to grow in the darkness.

And my stress level has increased and causing digestive issues. I'm miserable. Is like to talk with my t but when I use my phone for too long, my ears hurt. I don't know what to do, but I need to find my way through this crappy maze. My t is so busy that it will be another 7 days before the next appointment.

Does your therapist help you to unload all your thoughts? What does he say about your situation with your family?
Those people saying that you're broken is not gonna help. I mean admitting that there is a problem is one thing, but saying that there's no solution is a toxic thing to say. Extremely damaging. People with gentle hearts have it the toughest. You need someone or something to back you up.

Your parents are behind an invisible barrier, they don't even know about it or subconsciously suspect of it. You trying to break through to them even just by thinking about them is admirable and that takes a lot of energy.

Older generation are really into their tv's, one of my grandparents always finds a way to do other petty thing rather than sit still and listen for a change. My topics are serious and involve thinking. Their brain are wired another way. That generation had it easy, the apartments were given free in that time, medical care and universities were free. Now my opinions don't count to them because I don't own a flat for which I'd have to pay half of my life and I don't want to be the bank's slave.

Do you mean that you hear the electrical sound/waves (don't know how to say it correctly) from electronic devices? Your ears hurt from that?

I hope your stress levels decrease and you change from miserable to happy^_^

Mion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote